The first signs of ageing tend to appear in our mid 20s, with lines appearing around our eyes and mouth. However, for me the biggest thing to age skin is a change in texture – that youthful glow and plumpness starts to fade……
There are many different factors that increase and can cause aging in your skin. However, the root cause of skin aging is actually caused by cellular inflammation. We all naturally get this inflammation, particularly as we age.
You are probably going to hate me saying/typing this but lifestyle plays a huge part. If you love sunbathing while glugging on a glass of wine your skin will age faster as they cause significant cellular inflammation. However, other factors including lack of sleep, bad weather, hormones and stress all play their part.
Try not to worry too much (it causes wrinkles don’t you know!) there are things that you can do to help prevent and reverse this inflammation.
- Use good quality skincare that contains high levels of low molecular weight ingredients is a good place to start. These teeny tiny molecules can pass through the layers of your skin and replace lost moisture in cells.
- Clean your skin… and I mean clean. With a hot flannel and good quality balm. I will write about this further soon.
- Exfoliate regularly to remove the dull surface of your skin – this also increases blood flow!
- Use products with high levels of bio-organic and anti-inflammatory ingredients will help repair damage. Natural and essential oils are still the best way to achieve this. Even though it sounds a bit “hand knitted”.
- Have regular treatments that include extensive facial massage – this will have the biggest impact on your skin. I swear you will notice a difference.
It’s really important to treat your skin with the respect it deserves. You only get one face and spending money to maintain your skin health is a worthy investment. Good skin health can have a huge impact on how we feel about ourselves and having a glowing healthy complexion is a great place to start.